Should I Take Ap Calc BC if I took Calc 1 and 2 through an online college?

Hi!

So I am in the 10th grade and I’m currently taking college course calc 1 online and will be taking calc 2 as well before May

I was wondering if I still needed to take Ap calc bc or if I could just self study the exam for next may.

Would I be able to transfer the credits easier with the college courses or the ap class?

Would it make a difference which calculus class I took if I pass the exam?

You can take the BC exam to see how well you do and guarantee placement once you’re in college. But it’s not necessary wrt to college admissions - especially since you’re a Sophomore and are likely to take more Math classes (you need to take 2 more: MVC, Calc based stats, Discrete math, linear algebra…)

To cover all transfer credit options, you can take the calc BC exam. More schools give credit for AP, while college classes at community college can be hit or miss for transfer. Some schools have a transfer credit database where you can check if calc I/II will transfer or not.

College calculus 1 and 2 and AP calculus BC mostly cover the same material, though there may be small variations at different colleges. Taking AP calculus BC after the college courses would be a repeat and look like grade grubbing, but taking just the AP exam may be helpful in improving the likelihood of credit (you will not get double credit, but you increase the chance of getting credit at colleges that accept only one but not the other of the college courses and AP exam).