Should I take AP exams for IB classes that I already have ?

<p>So I wonder if I already finished an IB class that also available in AP, should I also take the AP test ? Is it worth the $ and does it make me stand out more ? For example, my school make me takes IB psychology SL as an IB elective so should I also take the AP psych ?</p>

<p>My school also offers this route, however, you need to realize that the AP and IB curriculum may be very different and focus on different things. However, for classes like IB History of the Americas SL, you can take the APUSH test as well as AP Language test for the SL Language class.</p>

<p>Other classes like SL Biology, Chemistry, and definitely Physics don’t cover as much. However, if you take the HL class, it might be possible for you to take the AP test. Of course you can self study (SL Biology, it might be possible depending on quality of teacher)</p>

<p>I’ve chosen to take AP Psych instead of SL Psych next year because

1. SLs are not as highly regarded as APs
  2. The AP class get’s you more prepared for the AP test
  3. I don’t really like the IB Psych teacher</p>

<p>It won’t make you stand out, the only benefit would be that you get credit from them if you take the AP equivalent of your SL courses. If you intend on taking AP exams for your higher level classes that is a total waste of money and time as they are essentially equivalent classes and will get you credit for the same classes in college! </p>