Should I worry about living with coasties?

<p>Nothing contradictory about liking cocktails and deli's. Both are very common on the east coast as we never had beer only bars like Madison used to. There is a reason Zingerman's Deli is one of the most revered spots at U Michigan. I took many walks and rides out to PP and even toasted samores in one of the fire pits with my gf from Boston. I have many photos taken from there looking back at the campus/city.</p>

<p>I wish they would open in Madison</p>

<p>Zingerman's</a> Delicatessen | <a href="http://www.zingermansdeli.com">www.zingermansdeli.com</a> | You Really CAN Taste The Difference!</p>

<p>Haha, it is a joke to immediately judge people for the clothes they wear. I'm from Arizona--I will be attending Wisconsin next fall and yes, I am living in the new lucky apartments. I chose them because I knew there would be more out of state kids living in them moving up there not knowing anybody. Furthermore, I'll be rooming with 3 roommates instead of one. </p>

<p>But anyways, if "coasties" are how you would like to refer to the big-headed kids from the west then sure. I will say that there are a lot of kids this way down in Arizona--it is a main reason why I am not going to Arizona State, Colorado University, UCLA, or University of Oregon. I chose Wisconsin to get away from all the "trendyness." I have lost way too many friends because of them wanting to fit in so bad. I absolutely hate it and cannot wait to get out. </p>

<p>I'm kind of appalled that people at UW are actually going to judge me for the clothes I wear (Burton, Volcom, Hurley)--all of your so called "trendy" clothes. It's pathetic that I'm going to be portrayed as snobby just because of this. </p>

<p>I'm writing this because it seems like such a big deal--this is not the first time I have heard all the fuss about "coasties." But I guess like anywhere you will go, there are always going to be people you get along with and people you don't. I figured there would be more open minds in the Midwest compared to the other colleges i have listed.</p>

<p>It's a mostly friendly rivalry. Only a few people really care either way. Most don't even think about it.</p>

<p>The fuss about coasties exists only in two place: (1) in this forum; (2) in random "shoutouts" on Wednesdays in the Badgerherald.</p>

<p>On a campus where it seems that 98% of the students are wearing jeans and UW paraphernalia at any given time, I am unsure how you can tell where a student is from based on what they are wearing. It's beyond me. Heck during our never ending winters it's hard to tell the sex of students based on what they are wearing. </p>

<p>Barrons: Zingerman's. What a great menu. Wish they would come here.</p>

<p>That's what Madison needs to be complete. Of course and extra 20 degrees from November through March would be nice. Come on global warming. Do your thing ;-)</p>

<p>Yeah, I was going to say I have visited Madison MANY times. I usually go back for one or two football games each year. I had never heard of any such thing until a friend of mine brought it up that currently goes there.</p>