Should I....

<p>Would it benefit me in anyway to change my intended major from Nuc. Engineering to Undergraduate Studies/Undecided?</p>

<p>I know that the engineering school is hard to get into in the first place, but if I do good in my first semester, I am hoping to be able to switch into it.</p>

<p>Anyways, my stats:
1710 SAT (620m, 520cr, 570w)
25 ACT- (27m, 27e, 26w, 23s, 22r)
3.00/4.00
Tough Senior Courseload (3ap/honors)</p>

<p>Will have at the end of the year:
5 years of math (Alg I,II, Geometry, Honors Pre Calc, AP Statistics)
4 years of Lab Science- (physical sci, biology, chem, physics)
4 years english
3 years italian</p>

<p>So should I keep it as Nuc. engineering, or switch it to UGS?</p>

<p>Switch to UGS. Getting into engineering would really be a stretch with your low math and science scores</p>

<p>You still have to take classes that are required in the FYE program if you plan on applying to USP (Undergraduate Studies Program). So… if I were in your shoes, I would just stick with the FYE program. You don’t have to worry about any overrides for the ENGR classes and stuff plus you get access to the FYE advisors easily. </p>

<p>I agree with mk13bball on what he said. Your stats aren’t that great and my friend from HS got rejected with similar stats when he applied to the FYE program. So if you have to settle with the USP, you got no other options.</p>

<p>Jimgotkp:</p>

<p>Its not the classes I am worried about, I am worried that my stats are to low for engineering, and I think I would have a better shot as undecided.</p>

<p>Well, if you’re denied engineering, you get the option into applying into another school. At that point, you would choose USP. And why not try to get into engineering right away? You never know unless you try.</p>

<p>

I don’t think cooper1234 knew that if you are denied engineering that you still have an option to enroll in a less competitive school. I know I didn’t know that.</p>

<p>Ohh, I thought if you don’t get into engineering, thats it. I thought after that, you had to do the request for appeal sheet thing, and write an essay on why they should re-admit you.</p>

<p>Well, I know my friend was denied to Pre-Pharmacy, so she was able to reapply/request admission for a Chemistry major, and that’s how she got into Purdue. I’m not totally aware of the specifics of that process, but that’s what I know.</p>