Should we change major if full?

<p>My son is a review admit, and his transcript has been in since 10/4/12. Great test scores, rank not high due to taking all AP's and highly competitive school, tons of EC's and awards. My question is this...when he applied he put Petroleum and Civil. When both filled we changed him to others. Now one of these is full. Is it wise to keep changing majors to available majors, or does it matter? Also, are there any majors outside of Engineering that will be easier to transfer into Engineering Sphomore Year. Thanks</p>

<p>I’ve been wondering the same thing. Supposedly A&M doesn’t use your major as a factor in admissions but I know two people who have lower test scores than me and got accepted. Their majors are teaching and kinesiology. Mine is engineering. (I’m still waiting)</p>

<p>Unless you want to be placed in General Studies, then yes.</p>

<p>Once the major is full there is no way u can get in. I had to change my major because all the majors were full. I went through Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Computer (electrical eng track) and then finally I got a place in Computer Eng (Computer science track)! I even asked them to give me seat in Industrial but they bluntly said me to decline the offer or take Computer Eng as your new major. Thus, I think you should change your major once both your major choices are full.</p>