Shower curtain rod?

<p>Are shower curtain rods provided in Riverside West? Also, do the kids need to bring ice cube trays? I can’t imagine that dorm fridges would have icemakers.</p>

<p>I hadn’t thought of ice cube trays! Good question!</p>

<p>I believe I read that there is a shower curtain rod and a shower “curtain” (more like a heavy duty liner?) from previous posts. I’m curious about the shower curtain hooks if they want to add a decorative curtain. Anything specific to know?</p>

<p>we brought our own shower curtain and liner (and hooks). normal hooks work fine. we got the kind with the little roller balls on them for easy movement. </p>

<p>took down the industrial grade one and stored it under the sink.</p>

<p>Shower curtains are included, but some kids change them.</p>

<p>As for ice trays…I have boys, and well (sexism alert)…in my experience, boys are awful about refilling ice trays…so, they would just buy a bag at Publix every so often.</p>

<p>I bought six ice cube trays and filled them before I left. Some were filled when I returned to campus months later. Huh, wonder if it was the same water?? :)</p>

<p>I can totally see that! My son doesn’t even want to get a cup and fill it with ice and water. It’s much easier to grab a water bottle. I also wondered where they put their trash and what kind of flooring is in Riverside W. Sorry if these q have already been answered! I honestly can’t see boys actively cleaning, but I would think they need something (vacuum, broom) in case of spills. The pile of things to bring is growing. I can’t imagine how much stuff girls bring!</p>

<p>Yes, you do need your own ice cube trays and the shower rod is built into the shower. Changing the shower curtain and hooks can be a bit iffy though. I bought a shower curtain and hooks before I moved in last year and neither of them worked out great. The shower curtain was too wide so I put the school one back in, and the hooks I bought lifted the school curtain up too high and water leaked out. I wound up only using the decorational curtain and kept the school’s hooks and plastic curtain.</p>

<p>Since no one responded about Riverside West flooring, I’ll say that Ridgecrest West is a very low pile industrial tan/brownish carpet and linoleum(?) in the kitchen. DS used an old stick vac. There are garbage chutes in the hall.</p>

<p>Riverside west mom here. Yes, bring your own ice trays. Only small trash can provided in kitchen. Son brought stick red dirt devil bought at Target for maybe 50 bucks? Embarrassed to say I can’t remember, but I think carpet on hallway and living room and bedrooms, and tile/linoleum on bathroom and kitchen. Since everyone exited quickly for the tornado, I never got to find out if the roomies had brought brooms or mops, but I suspect the stick vac was enough to do the trick. In regards the shower curtain, I bought an inexpensive shower curtain and rings from Dollar General and left it in the cabinet in case the shower curtain provided tore or got otherwise damaged. It was still in the package when we moved son out in April. It’s in the storage unit and will go back in the bathroom cabinet again in August. If the boys want to use it, fine. If not, it will go in son’s first apartment when he graduates.</p>

<p>Has anyone been in the dorms since our quick move-out? Am hoping (and assuming) that they got a good cleaning since all plans for real check out blew away with the tornado.
Also, if the rest are like DS, there will be massive laundry to be done at move-in, I hate to see how some of the stuff went into storage.</p>

<p>AL34 I hear you, out went my plan to do last minute washing during DS last finals. Hope his “I did my laundry day before tornado hit” is correct and most of the stuff that isn’t “fresh” came home in his luggage. Main reason I’m going along for the move-in, figure the logistics will be haphazard.</p>

<p>^ meet you in the laundry room :)</p>