Simmons University - Kotzen 2023-2024

Hi,
My daughter applying in Simmons University for BSN nursing this 2023-2024.

How difficult to get Honor class admission and kotzen scholarship or any merit scholarship?

Hello!

Honors is competitive, but not ridiculously so. What are your daughter’s stats? In general, they are very generous with merit. My D20 applied with a 4.0 weighted gpa and 1160 SAT (sub 600 in the math section). While she was not invited to apply for honors, she received a $22k per year merit offer (she later got a full tuition ride through a tuition exchange program because Iwork in higher ed). Just about all of her friends have generous merit. Her one friend has the Kotzen, which is amazing (free ride + study abroad stipends). Her friend is convinced that she got it mostly because she was bringing geographic diversity to the table (she’s from AZ).

She loves it there, happy to answer any questions you might have. Good luck to your daughter!

2 Likes

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply , My daughter applying with 4.2 / 4 weighted GPA and 1383 SAT score , She also got bunch of volunteer hours ( about 300) and work hours as CNA (Paid ) .
Do you have information about Professors how good they are etc? She really wanted to get into Honors program.
She also looking at UPITT , CASE along with Simmons ( Honors).

Profs are a mixed bag - my daughter has had some excellent ones, but also a couple of highly disorganized adjuncts (she’s not nursing, btw). Her roommate is - she’s in the 4+1 bsn/msn program. I’ll ask my D to ask her about nursing faculty next time o speak to her.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
Could you provide me the contact of the person who got the kotzen scholarship, if he/she is okay with it ofc. I’m applying to the scholarship, and I would like some help regarding how should I proceed.
Thanks

Hello, my daughter recently got admitted into Simmons university for the school of nursing. She did not however get into the honors college but in the package it says that she is invited to a scholars dinner. we are very confused with the invitation and the rejection for the honors seat and are looking for some clarification. Is the university (a safety school for my kid) worth it without an honors distinction?

Hi! has anyone heard from Simmons about Kotzen scholarship finalists?

No info.

1 Like

thanks for the quick response, i saw in years past they let students know around the 12th so running a little late this year i guess

My daughter application (Kotzen) got rejected.