Simple Question about VA Tech Early Admissions

<p>Looking for a simple answer to hopefully a simple question. If my son applies ED for engineering and admissions doesn't like what they see for the engineering program but they like what they see for University Studies will they offer him early admission to the US program (similar as to what they would do during regular admission time). Or will he just be flat out deferred for everything? Based on the old posts I've been reading about Early admission to the engineering program, people have said they were either accepted or deferred. I haven't read any posts that said "I've been denied for engineering but accepted for University Studies" (Early decision, that is!).</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!!</p>

<p>Yes, if they feel like he is not a candidate for Eng but is for US he will be offered US. At that point, he can accept and work on transferring into Eng in his second year.
I would recommend that your son go for the ED for Eng if that is what he really wants. It can’t hurt and if he doesn’t make it for Eng and does for US he still has another chance to get the major he wants.</p>