SIMR 2020

@joyasada probably slightly easier as there’s no actual research going on but that’s just speculation. I don’t have any stats or whatever so if anyone does feel free to correct me

@lec717 I would stop worrying about these factors. Whether you are or aren’t is not in your control, but the quality of your application is so just focus on that. FWIW though, I don’t think Vietnamese is considered an URM in the Science fields generally but SIMR might consider URM status differently.

On another note, just submitted my app (great time management I know), let’s hear it for the WAIT TILL APRIL! :smiley:

lmao idk why i put my low AF psat score when it was optional… i am doomed

Lets all be honest. None of us have a shot in hell to get in.

wait then would the bio-engineering thing be less “prestigious”? I put it as my top choice because I like building stuff and SIMR is my backup in case MIT WTP doesn’t work out

but lets be honest im not going to get into either :"(

Do we know yet if Stanford summer programs are getting cancelled?

So far Stanford only cancelled events until April 15th

ok wait actually the April 15th decision happened in early march and it might have been extended since then but idk

damn they cancelled the whole thing

Dear Students,
We hope you are all doing ok during this very difficult time. We wanted to give you an update regarding our SIMR Program for this summer due to the Covid-19 situation. After much consideration, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel the program for this summer largely due to the uncertainty of when the Covid-19 situation will improve. Planning for the program overall and recruiting labs to host students have been very challenging due to the shelter in place order. Most importantly, for everyone’s health and safety we believed this would be the best decision.

However, the admissions committee has already made decisions on who will be accepted to participate in the program which will be deferred until next summer (2021). All applications have gone through the full review process. The program next year will have a larger group as we will have another application cycle in the winter of 2021. The application decisions will be emailed out THIS AFTERNOON (Tues., March 31st) at 5pm (instead of this Friday). Again, please know that all these decisions were very hard to make and we appreciate your understanding. We hope you all stay safe and healthy.

Thank you,
SIMR Staff

Did anyone get in yet?

f rejected

lmao i got in

@batboythegoat Congrats!! Instate or oos? Also do you mind if I ask what your stats were?

YAY I GOT IN!

yeah can y’all share stats please? i wanna see where my app was weak

Rejected :(, can’t say I was expecting more though

I am instate. I don’t really want to share stats bc honestly I could bet you that you have similar if not better stats than I do. I think what really got me in was my essay.

Also congrats to Pinky hopefully I will see you next year!

Did anyone out of state get in?

doubt it maybe a few