SIMR 2020

I got in but we cancelled so…

me too… I was expecting results on Friday but wow I don’t even know if I should be sad or happy. sigh

for those of you who got in, is anyone signing up to do it next year?

i got in too but imma still go… its a once in a lifetime chance

I’m planning on going. The timing’s kind of bad though. 8 weeks of summer right after graduating.

iss ok we earned it

Does anyone know how many people applied and how many were admitted?

on the website it says around 50 people get in

i remember reading a previous year’s thread that it was around 2-3 thousand

Hey everyone so since SIMR got canceled I’ve been looking for other research opportunities this summer. My counselor recommended SSI (Summer Stem Institutes) because it’s just online so no risk of cancellation. It looked interesting but it’s ridiculously expensive so nope for me. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any other online research/extracurricular programs. Thanks!

@llamas22 Yeah, I was looking at SSI also. Do you know what the acceptance rate is or how hard it is to get into? It is really expensive but it seems like a great potential option.

@lec717 I’m not completely sure. Given the cost and the fact that they are doing rolling applications instead of one group decision, I would assume it’s not extremely selective. The sooner you apply the more likely you are to get in though.

Hey guys found this really cool thing. If you have something you are working on in the ways of a science publication and want to get it published I found this place that is accepting work to be published. check it out: https://teensinhealth.org/student-writing.

Hey! Do you have advice for the essays?