Singer/Stamps 2013

<p>Does anybody have a guess as to how many of the kids who were invited to the Stamps/Singer Weekend a week ago will get Foote Fellowships?</p>

<p>Any one got Stamps/Singer result from kids who were invited to the Stamps/Singer Weekend a week?</p>

<p>They suppose to announce it on last Friday or Today.</p>

<p>mauswa: they did not give the number of students who would be Foote Fellows. They hinted that due to the “high” stats of the attendees; the majority would be named Foote Fellows.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Just got in, so I guess EA decision are out? I got 25K but I didn’t get an email for Singers, so oh well. Congrats to everyone else who got in!</p>

<p>Congrats Missxsilverwing !
You meant RD are out, I think. Anyway. The order for the decisions (at least for EA) was first you get the admit notice with a Presidential Scholarship amount as you did. Then a day or two late a separate invite by email from Cristi Busto comes to invite you to the Singer weekend.
What are your stats?</p>

<p>Has anybody who attended the first Singer/Stamps weekend heard anything yet? It’s been so quiet!</p>

<p>Still, not yet!</p>

<p>I am also waiting for Singer/Stamps result</p>

<p>Nothing happening</p>

<p>I got an invitation to Singer!</p>

<p>Has anybody else heard? Still pretty quiet here.</p>

<p>nope, still waiting</p>

<p>Yeah…this is getting a bit old. I wish we’d hear something already.</p>

<p>My son is attending the next Singer weekend. Any insights on how he should prepare for the interview is appreciated. Also, would anyone suggest taking any materials or a resume to the interview?
Thank you in advance.</p>

<p>I would say no to preparing or bringing materials. The interviews are very casual and informal (in terms of the conversation - I would have him dress nicely.)</p>

<p>@RBAHAMA,</p>

<p>D was interviewed by a faculty member and a student from the department of her intended major. They asked a number of questions related to that major. Nothing difficult. They just wanted to get an idea of the depth of her interest and commitment.
D outlined an unusual career pathway and how Miami would be the ideal school with a Foote Fellowship to achieve her goals. She said they had her grades, test scores, ECs etc in front of them.</p>

<p>RBAHAMA, BIG CONGRATS on Singer invite!!! When did the registration start for that weekend?</p>

<p>All, thanks for the info. Very helpful. Especially the context on talking about the Foote Fellowship.</p>

<p>Registration started for the weekend my son is attending about a month ago.</p>

<p>Has anybody heard back from the first Stamps/Singer weekend? I can’t believe nobody has heard anything yet.</p>