Singing up for classes

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I'm in an incoming biomedical engineering freshman and I was wondering how and when I sign up for my classes?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>bump, anyone know about this?</p>

<p>I beleive my son picked some classes, but was not officially in anything until he met with his adviser for a required meeting during orientation right before school started.</p>

<p>You’ll do a course “survey” on myUM around July. This is essentially the most of which you get to sign up for classes. Advising takes this info that you indicate would be classes you’d be interested in and creates a schedule for you. You’ll get the schedule one of the last days of orientation. You can always change it, but you’ll want to do so quickly once you get it, because classes will be starting in a day or two, and everyone else will be doing the same thing.</p>

<p>Yea I’m an incoming freshman business major and I picked mine on MyUM last week. It’s actually really easy. The school automatically slots you in for any required classes so you don’t have to worry about that. Then it will tell you to pick at least one course in your major and will give you a few options. Then finally, you get to pick a course from any other area in the university. So really, you don’t get much say in the matter (I only got to pick 2 out of 5) but it is really easy to do.</p>