Sir to more than one uc

<p>Okay so I know what the policy is and I know that you are only supposed to SIR to one UC. However, has anyone actually ever been rescinded for submitting multiple SIR’s? There have been some other threads about this and it seems that most who have done this say that all that happens is you lose your deposit and you have to confirm which school you will attend via letter. So what’s the deal?</p>

<p>Obviously it’s best to submit only one but what if you change your mind after May 1st? If all that happens is losing your deposit, wouldnt it be smart to have a back-up plan?</p>

<p>…don’t do that. The entire point of the May 1st deadline is to allow school to choose students off the waitlist and make sure it has enough/not too many students. You can’t just change your mind after May 1. Make your decision before that. The UC’s will know what you did obviously, and you’re basically asking to be rescinded from all of your choices.</p>

<p>What is the deposit amount for SIR for UC? Any idea?</p>

<p>What if you change your mind in December after attending classes? I agree with @uclastudennnnt In fact, once Berkeley’s decisions are out we are going to let the schools no longer in the running know my sons aren’t coming there. Those they are still debating between, we will keep open. People have to make plans where they will be, sign up for housing etc.</p>

<p>I also agree with @uclastudennnt that you could get rescinded if you SIR to more than 1 school. I would not really take that chance. If you are waistlisted at another school and you get off the waitlist after May 1st, you can change your mind. You still need to SIR to another school in the meantime and forfeit that deposit. It is time to be an adult and make that choice; you can’t keep all your options open forever. BTW, my son has already SIR’d to his school and has declined admission to all the rest.<br>
I believe the UC deposit is $100. My son’s deposit for SDSU was $400. The housing deposits are usually $500.</p>