SITE program for this summer/UA

I emailed the university about this program and haven’t heard anything. I am trying to pin down where and what I want to do this summer. Since I am a rising senior this summer…I wanted to try it out to see how UA fit. Has anyone else gotten any info?

@sosconcern you may want to chime in about SITE info.

Definitely worthwhile and only a 5 day commitment!

Definitely worth the $700 to find out if: (a) Engineering and/or (b) UA is the place for you.
I just looked at Purdue’s costs for similar camp. The current reg price is $1610.

thanks. That’s what we were hoping to find out since it’s a little further away, too. I didn’t know about Purdue. Wow that is expensive. Don’t know what else to do except request info again.

You mentioned that you emailed the University. Do you remember who? Was it via one of those online contact request forms (they sometimes just plain don’t work, imo)?
This is from the application: “To be considered for SITE, you must submit an online application. Students will be notified of SITE acceptance by June 1. For additional information or problems with the application, contact Greg Singleton or Lynsey Dill or call (205) 348-1596.”
Call and leave a message at number above.
Or, you can call the main COE office #, see list here: http://eng.ua.edu/about/contact/

I think when I did it, there was no date and I just wanted more information. I will look again. thanks.

ok…yeah, i did that. But i just did it again and it gave me an email confirmation. I guess it went through this time. we’ll see. thanks all.

With the email confirmation, make sure you follow the process. You may wish to call to get clarification if you don’t understand the process - if accepted, confirming the week and getting payment in.

It is totally worthwhile for students wanting to see what eng/cs is all about and also can help determine which field is of greatest interest. Wonderful to get a feel of campus and enjoy the STEM facilities.

thank you. I will look at it again. It says they will contact me. We’ll see.

Wow! Purdue’s costs went way up over the last few years! My son did both camps summer of 2013 and the costs were comparable then. His father and I are both Purdue grads. He grew up having his picture taken with Purdue Pete and hanging out of the window of the Boilermaker Special. He did these camps back-to-back. He won awards at Purdue. And? Hands down, Alabama came away as the “winner!” He felt the professors were more involved (Purdue’s camp was run by upperclassmen and grad students) and loved the people and atmosphere at Bama. He hasn’t looked back! Loves it there. Definitely worth the cost/effort to do such camps.

Great way to check out the dorms and engineering facilities too. Highly recommend SITE.

how long should I wait before contacting them? I submitted 2 now applications…b/c I thought the first one may have been misplaced. I have been trying to sort out summer and these camps fill up fast.