Six tabs in Howdy before acceptance?

In previous posts I saw that the appearance of new tabs “My Record”, “My Finances” and “Student Life” in Howdy was generally a harbinger of acceptance. But my D had all those tabs even before her AIS updated today to “My App Is Complete And In Review.” She obviously has not yet been officially admitted, although we expect her to be since she is an academic admit. Does anyone else already have six tabs?

The 6 tabs are: Home/Applicant/MyRecord/Myfinances/STudentLife/Research/MyHowdy

So technically 7 total. You should not get those tabs this early but will get them before AIS updates with Accepted.

Interesting. She has had all but “Research” since she could access Howdy, even while her app was still incomplete. Maybe it’s a glitch!

That is crazy. Keep us posted. I’m sure people will want to know if it changes back to the dreaded tabs. lol

6 tabs were available in Howdy 24 hours after my daughter created her netid. She has Home/Myrecord/MyFinances/StudentLife/MyHowdy. No research tab.She has had those tabs since July 7th. Her AIS still says complete and in review, it has since the 6th of July.

Ok, so we’re not the only ones. My D has had the six tabs since Jul 6. We didn’t even upload her transcript until the 8th, and she didn’t get the “Complete and in Review” message until today, the 20th.

Formal admissions won’t come out until mid September, if this year holds true to the last 3 cycles.
Yes, the 6 tabs appearing usually indicates acceptance and since they are auto/academic admits, not surprising. The formal announcement just isn’t out yet.

That said, @YourCollegeMom I noticed this this year.

Notification of Decision
We make decisions throughout the year. All decisions for spring will be posted by December and fall by late March at HOWDY via the Applicant tab.
(http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted)

Seems it may not be on AIS anymore but in Howdy.

My daughter is a review admit. 11% and 1340 SAT. AppliedJuly 3. Today tabs went from 3 to 6. Interesting. Major is Communications. So since the tabs changed she is admitted?

Same with my son who also is a review applicant, his portal shows 6 tabs today. His stats are as follows: 15% class rank and 1340 SAT. Applied very early in September with first choice major being Mays and second choice being economics. My eldest son who applied a couple of cycles ago was a review applicant as well with a much lower class rank, but higher test scores and he was admitted late November. We were thinking that it would be the same time frame for our youngest, especially given that his first choice major is Mays.

So do you think they are admitting review admits early this year?

Maybe, lets keep our fingers crossed. Both of our kids applied really early. My son submitted his app to A&M before any other school because we were told that due to the rolling admissions Mays filled up really early. I assume that your child, similar to mine, must have really good extracurricular activities and an outstanding essay as well. I think my sons ECs and essay probably compared very favorably even to auto admits. Also, my son did provide a very detailed resume - it was about 4-5 pages long not including copies of his various awards and certificates which he attached.

Same here

@fatherof2boys Please keep us posted with your son’s admission status. If he does indeed get Mays, he will be the first review applicant admitted we have ever seen in the last several admissions cycles and those who had Mays as first choice, ended up with second choice by actual decision release.

@Thelma2 @lisa2019

My son’s AIS states “Welcome to Aggieland!” and he made it in as a review applicant into Mays!!!

The major listed is Business Administration and we have the tab to register for NSC.