Sizes of Non Honors freshman classes

<p>any one know the sizes of the general freshman classes- Non Honors- can’t remember from the tour…</p>

<p>Depends on what they are…</p>

<p>Frosh comp classes are smallish…about 25 kids. </p>

<p>Intro science lecture classes can be large, but the labs are smallish…about 25 kids per class. </p>

<p>Purely lecture classes will be large…like American History.</p>

<p>This is pretty typical. Colleges will have larger intro classes, but the 300/400 level classes (which are usually non-honors) are smaller.</p>

<p>thanks M2K how small are the Honors classes? doubt he is going to make Honors… I am sure it will be fine…</p>

<p>UHP classes are limited to 15 kids per class.</p>

<p>honors classes that are within departments can vary by dept. The honors college doesn’t have a say in the class sizes of the dept honors classes.</p>

<p>My D is a freshman. Her non-honors classes have 75 (math), 45 (business law) and 25 (phys. ed.) students in them. Her honors classes are smaller -18 (freshman comp), 23 and 15 students. We haven’t specifically discussed it, but she hasn’t mentioned size being a factor in any of her classes.</p>

<p>thanks- beth’s mom- my son hasn’t made a high enough score and seems more concerned about football and socializing than taking the ACT again… I am sure he will do just fine if he isn’t in Honors…</p>

<p>hlsess - remember that many kids in honors are taking mostly non-honors classes. Although my D has multiple honors classes this semester, two of them (Outdoor Action and a Common Book Experience) are only 1 credit classes.</p>