SJSU Class of 2026 - Regular Decision

If the desired major is an engineering major, see Change of Major | Engineering Student Success Center . You may have to ask directly about what college GPA threshold for the target major is needed if changing major after enrolling.

1 Like

They will consider provided itā€™s not a capped major and there are some available spots. What does the application status show?

My son too. No ideia what thatā€™s mean.

No, although some other CSUs do (e.g. Northridge, Fresno). Note that each campus may calculate its eligibility index differently.

That means he is admitted to the major he applied to, provided his official transcript confirms the grades submitted on the application.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks you!! For now I can make a joke with him. He will leave with me for few more years!! :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I think freshmen are required to stay on campus.

CS does not use math GPA, while software engineering does. CS needs 4.35 i think. But assuming overall gpa and math gpa are same, software engg only needs 4.1.

Not if he leave 50 miles close to the campus :grimacing:. His case.

1 Like

Iā€™m in-state/non-local. So if my HS GPA is 4.2 does that mean Iā€™m pretty much out of the running for CS? What if I have a 4.0 for the 5 community college classes I took under dual enrollment? Would that help in any way?

What is your CSU GPA? The threshold for CS is 4.35 this year assuming you donā€™t qualify for add on points (local/first gen etc.)

Did you take your dual enrollment classess during 10-11 grades? If so, did you report them on your application? If you did, the CSU GPA on the A-G matching page will already account for it.

CSU gpa is 4.2 :frowning:

Did the decision out? I only found ā€œcompleteā€under check status

sorry about that. CS/SE/CompE were brutal this year. With CS outside the CoE, and the CSU GPA threshold pushing to 4.35 I wouldnā€™t be surprised in a couple of years if the threshold goes to 4.4 which is the max possible CSU GPA. Then what?

good luck with your other apps.

1 Like

iā€™m bummed bc if i applied CE I would have been safe with the addition of my math gradesā€¦4960.

The CC courses are included in the GPA calculation of the CSU app. Or you can check in the online calculator at rogerhub.

what major?

Conditional Admit - Self Report
CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.35
Math GPA for Engineering Applicants: 4.0 (all As)
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 26
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 9
Intended Major: Software Engineering
Non-local CA resident
SJSU Impaction Index: 5080

1 Like

Thank you.