SJSU Class of 2026 - Regular Decision

SJSU does not use the ACT or SAT in their impaction index threshold anymore. You need to use this link: Impaction | Admissions

2 Likes

See multiple posts up-thread. CSUs are test blind and the index for cs is calculated as CSU GPA x 800 assuming you are not low income/first gen/military etc.

Thank you! I hope your kid get in too.

Just make sure you specify the correct CS. According to the above link, Humboldt will be adding another CS major: “Cannabis Studies BA”.

2 Likes

Also, in-progress course work needs to match the final transcript, and good enough grades earned (no D or F grades at least; check to see if there are any other grade or GPA requirements).

1 Like

Couple of my D’s school friends just checked their portals, they are in as well.

1 Like

Thanks.

For CSE does the math GPA x 400 add to the impaction index?

1 Like

Congrats!! Could you share which majors? Did they receive an email of acceptance?

I am in for CS!

3 Likes
  • CS is in the college of sciences so the math GPA component doesn’t apply
  • CompE and SE are in the college of engineering so the math GPA component is added

D22 got in!! The letter says she is admitted to her choice of major
 her first choice was CS and second was undeclared.

2 Likes

Hilarious how the admit letter is just super impersonal. At least, put the applicant’s name in the letter
smh

Dear Fall 2022 Freshman Applicant

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the major you selected on your application to San José State University for the Fall 2022 term.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! Yes, no mention of name nor major :slight_smile:

hmmm
 still shows as “application in progress”

1 Like

Saving the best for last? :rofl:

2 Likes

CS. Yes they just received. Check SJSU portal messages. Welcome message is there.

3 Likes

Son got admitted too just now!
Kinesiology! 4.18 GPA

2 Likes

Hey all! Have any of you (or your children) who were accepted, received an email about it to the email you listed under the CSU application? (notified through email apart from seeing an update in the portal)? Thank you in advance!!

Just got into Biomedical Engineering.

3 Likes

My son didn’t. He check on portal.

3 Likes