Skidmore Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Skidmore Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

2 Likes

When will regular decision acceptance emails/letters go out?

3 Likes

Mid-March is all I could find - which indicates this upcoming week.

1 Like

Thank you.

They sent an email to ED students stating that decisions will be coming out this week. Based on the past few years, March 16th has been the date. The year before to the 16th, was the 15th. The latest I think it would come out is Friday, but so far I am putting dibs on tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the updates. Still waiting.

Seems unusual that they notified the admitted ED students, but not the RD applicants who are actually waiting! Maybe an email will arrive soon, or maybe it’s their practice not to notify until the day of the release. Time will tell…

1 Like

On pins & needles with this wait, and not knowing when the answer will finally arrive. Come on, Skidmore!! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Someone reported the decisions are out. Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

Waitlisted! 1530 / 97.4 gpa (big upward trend) good ecs
Showed absolutely 0 demonstrated interest. Not surprised because of this
wont be accepting a waitlist spot

3 Likes

Does Skidmore prioritize demonstrated interest? I have similar stats and was also waitlisted

1 Like

yea, they have it as “important” on their CDS which is super arbitrary but I think they have a history of yielding - for high stats / no interest

1 Like

haha that is what i was hoping to hear. good luck with the rest of your college apps!!

Yes, I can confirm that decisions came out. An email arrived around 8pm Eastern alerting applicants to check their portal.

1 Like

My daughter was waitlisted. She did show demonstrated interest and this was a target school for her.

you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daughter was accepted. Per the admissions letter it appears this was an extremely competitive year — “Over 12,000 students applied for a first-year class of 700” — so given what seems to have been a surplus of applicant riches, it’s tough to say what might have made the difference between one answer and another.

FWIW one of her best friends was WL, and given that he has very similar stats my guess is that subjective items like the essay, interviews, and LORs may have played a stronger-than-normal tie-breaking role in decisions. (But again: that may just be a specious theory. Proceed with caution.)

1 Like

My daughter was accepted with a $61,000 grant which is beyond great news… my concern is not knowing what will be offered year to year. I currently have a son who is a sophomore in college which I know is some of the reason probably for that. That is a huge amount of money that isn’t guaranteed every year. Any thoughts or anyone else been in a similar situation?!