SL Physics or SL Biology???

<p>Hi everyone, </p>

<p>I'm choosing my classes for the DP, and my school only allows 3 HLs, of which one is mandatory--English. I have chosen HL Chemistry and HL Math to accommodate that, my favorite subjects. </p>

<p>Here is my dilemma--I don't know whether to take Biology or Physics as my second science, SL. I love biochemistry and particularly genetics and research in the pharmaceutical industry, but many things about biology I just find boring. </p>

<p>In college, I'm fairly sure I'd like to become an engineer, probably a chemical engineer. Should I do chemistry or physics? I'm especially interested in Georgia Tech (and their President's Scholarship)...</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I’m saying this only because I’ve never thought of myself as being particularly talented in math or science - but your choice in HLs makes me cringe. Good luck!</p>

<p>Anyway, I think that Physics would be the route to take if you want to be a chemical engineer. There are topics covered during SL Physics that will be useful to know for chemical engineering (like thermodynamics), and I think the class would be great in conjunction with Chem HL.</p>

<p>Thank you for your advice! I think I’m going the physics route.</p>

<p>can you take both? SL’s are basically honors level classes. If not, either is fine in high school. Can you take an AP class instead of the SL? AP BIO? Oly becasue most colleges will nto give you credit for SL classes only HL</p>

<p>at my school, they allowed me to take 4 highers and 2 standards for the first 6 weeks, and then drop one to standard, so that i was sure about my decision.</p>

<p>At my school, SL courses include the AP credit. SL Biology includes AP Biology, SL Physics includes AP Physics B (I’m not sure about C credit…). We take the AP exams, even SL students.</p>