Small formatting error on essay

<p>Hey I am a freshman applicant who qualifies for automatic admission based on the Texas Top 10% plan (well really top 8% for TAMU, but I still qualify, I am in top 6%) and based on test scores, 1360 composite SAT M&CR. However, I just realized I made a huge mistake. I put some extra periods in one of my sentences on one of my essays and the Apply Texas system picked it up as question marks. I didn't realize this until after I sent the essay. Now the apply Texas site won't let me fix it. I was wondering if this would really effect my chances of getting in and if I can fix this in any way. If any of you can answer these, feedback would be appreciated!!</p>

<p>FenderFan, No worries! You are an auto admit, so it won’t affect your admission. However, they will look at your essays for scholarship consideration, so I would send them a message via AIS and let them know. They may have you upload a replacement file. When my son was going through admissions a couple of years ago, we contacted them a couple of times and always got a quick response (during business hours, of course). Congrats on your excellent record and good luck at TAMU!</p>

<p>Alright thank you so much for your help and kind words! I assume that this would not affect major decision too? I hope to do Chemical Engineering or Physics. </p>