smells like badger spirit...

<p>so how exactly is the school spirit at wisconsin??? is it outta control, like michigan/osu football or duke/maryland hoops? just makin sure that i wont be the only one screaming my head off at football and basketball games..</p>

<p>it better be on par with Michigan football and Duke basketball, thats one of the reasons i applied</p>

<p>You'll be heading to Madison after you read this:</p>

<p><a href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/top_ten0916/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/top_ten0916/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It's better than Michigan for football, but not close to Duke in basketball. Nothing compares to Duke for basketball.</p>

<p>But it also has hockey which makes it one of the few schools with three major sports with winning teams (most of the time). Hockey is very popular--draws over 11,000 a game to lead the country.</p>

<p>I believe UW is ranked #1 in Hockey right now. That's amazing.</p>

<p>No longer #1, but at a time BOTH Men/Women's hockey were tops.</p>

<p>Football is for sure on par with Michigan. Louder and more ridiculous fans. Less people, sure, but Camp Randall is a pretty historic place and known as a great football venue.</p>

<p>Basketball is still pretty intense. What qualitative assesment is there to compare Duke vs Wisconsin? I'm not really sure. The Badgers have a ridiculously high at home winning percentage, it is considered one of the toughest places to play in the Big Ten, and the students go nuts. Elite 8 last year. Except Final four NEXT year.</p>

<p>Hockey is also very good. Not talking just a "3rd wheel" but the campus gets pumped up for big games. The student papers even have special hockey editions because the students care that much! The Women's team is still #1</p>

<p>By far one of the best sport schools in the country when you balance everything in.</p>

<p>well i wasnt comparing duke basketball to wisconsin basketball... just seeing how a UW game would measure up to another intense matchup.. well this is all good to know =]</p>