Smith Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Smith Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

1 Like

Does anyone know the official RD date?

Based on previous years, I’m guessing March 24/25?

3 Likes

has anyone received a likely letter/early acceptance? from previous years info apparently they’ll send those letters this week

Nothing so far…

2 Likes

Did they send them last year? Or was HS Class of 2021 the last time they did that?

1 Like

It looks like they had it for Class of 2022

Oops, you meant hs graduating 2022 and they meant graduating college 2022. Sorry.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how many applicants they received this year? (And if acceptance rate will likely be up or down)

1 Like

I haven’t seen any info about numbers this year, but I’d hypothesize that the lack of a supplemental essay this year (which was not the case in recent years) will be a factor in increased applications and, therefore, a lower acceptance rate.

i read on their website that they were expecting around 7000 applications and the acceptance rate to drop to 23% more or less

Link?

1 Like

https://www.smith.edu/about-smith/institutional-research-smith-data

1 Like

The 7269 applications seems to be for last year’s cycle (according to their CDS, those numbers are for those enrolled as first years for the 2022-23 academic year – so the students who are first years there now). So probably higher for those applying in the current cycle (since no supplemental essay)?

1 Like

yes, your right. the numbers will probably keep lowering this year. I was an ED applicant and git deferred, but it’s insane how many people got rejected this year in the early rounds, seem to be much more than in past years, with only a small number getting deferred it seems as they expected more applicants for the regular round.

This is probably true

I’m so nervous ahhhhh!!!

1 Like

My kid got an early offer of admission to Smith today - is that what you mean by an early write letter?

3 Likes

Yes. Did it come via email? I know some early writes did go out.

Does anyone know if they send all scholarships with early offers? So if my daughter didn’t get an email yesterday, will she have no chance at a scholarship?

they come with scholarships usually but no everyone that gets a scholarships gets a likely letter. she can still be admitted when the official decision come out with a scholarship!

3 Likes