Smith Class of 2027 Official Thread

Good luck! We’ve had days like those in this process as well.

1 Like

in the last few years there’s been a glitch and confetti and a video shows in the portal before decision are out, hopefully the fix it this year so we don’t have to stress over those things, good luck everyone!!

my checklist is back in the portal? it was gone since i got deferred ed1, also, i have a note that says “view decisions letter and financial aid information“ but it takes me back to my ed1 deferral letter, which is weird cause it wasn’t there before

From a Smith alum:
Best of luck to all class of 2027 applicants!
:relaxed:

3 Likes

So nervous

2 Likes

Parents, if your prospie gets acceptance today, join our FB group, Smith College Parents and Families. The “private group,” which has been going strong since 2011. Parent run, not affiliated with the college. We welcome you to join during the decision period. If your kid decides to matriculate, stick around for a wild four years! Bring your questions and get great support! Please be sure to answer the “vetting” questions to join. Thanks and congrats!

8 Likes

Thanks for the good wishes to all our prospies!

3 Likes

accepted! super happy!

4 Likes

My DD was accepted!

3 Likes

D23 was accepted! Grants covered quite a lot, thank goodness, but no scholarship, so it’s something we’ll have to worry about year after year. Still, very excited!
FWIW to future portal astrologists, she had the Terms & Conditions option in the financial aid portal up until yesterday, I think. Didn’t check again until acceptance.

4 Likes

accepted

1 Like

And waitlisted again. Number 5 in the past seven days.

D23 accepted as Zollman Scholar/STRIDE Scholar. She is thrilled and will consider this opportunity for sure. Congrats to all the potential future Smithies.

2 Likes

My daughter also accepted! Congrats to all!

2 Likes

Rejected. It was her top choice. We knew it was a reach but getting this news on top of waitlisted at 2 other top choices has made this a rough day.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted!!

3 Likes

My D was denied. Her Terms & Conditions disappeared a while back.

She applied test optional, 4.3 weighted gpa, arts supplements in music and dance. ECs included extensive dance and theatre, student government, music, community service group with leadership in all. No sports.

Congrats to all who were admitted!

1 Like

D23 waitlisted as well.

1 Like

D23 rejected.

D23 accepted with presidential scholarship… 1540 SAT, 3.84 UW GPA, honors/AP’s (all 5’s so far); good leadership and EC’s, int’d in STEM

3 Likes