So after I send in my SIR

<p>Do I need to tell all the other schools that I’ve declined their admissions? Or by not sending in the SIR do they assume that I’m not going there?</p>

<p>On May 1 they assume anyone who did not file a SIR is not going to attend. Some don't even offer a way to denote that you decline the admissions offer, while you can let the others know, strictly voluntarily, if you wish.</p>

<p>They let you know if you have been accepted or not, You should do the same and tell them if your coming or not ! Its being polite =)</p>

<p>If we choose to thank them for their opportunity, do we do this through snail mail? or is there something online? thanks.</p>

<p>Push that little old decline button. It is the polite thing to do:)</p>

<p>Thank you very much for responding!</p>

<p>Declining the admissions offer will also prevent most additional messages from being sent to you. Nothing more annoying, I'd assume, than getting messages and maybe phone calls from a campus that you no longer want to attend.</p>

<p>Yeah, good point. Thank you!</p>

<p>hell yeah for UCSB!!
haha.</p>

<p>I just sent in my SIR, but now i'm having second thoughts, if i take it back from UCSC, cuz i want to appeal to Irvine, will they let me send it in again to SC if i don't get into Irvine? or will i be screwed</p>

<p>I'd recommend not canceling your SIR to UCSC until you hear the appeal decision from UCI. If the appeal is granted through UCI then cancel your SIR with UCSC and submit for UCI.</p>