So do we hear from them on Feb 1st exactly?

<p>or do some letters come a bit earlier/later?</p>

<p>Last year I got my letter on January 29th, while some people got them on the 28th, and other’s as late as the 2nd. It seemed to be a general trend that acceptances/scholarships were mailed out first, but I can’t verify this.</p>

<p>Ours was lost in the mail…didn’t get it until mid February!</p>

<p>Can you check online, do they send an email, ect?</p>

<p>I think its only by mail. I think I got mine like feb 2 and I got good scholarships/honors program</p>

<p>wait? you get it in the mail??? oh man thats not good… my mom didnt know I applied to UM… oh man…</p>

<p>Yes, it is a huge green and orange packet…when it was finally found, the postman rang the bell and gave my DS a huge congrats! It was obvious that he was in!</p>

<p>I really hope i get that big envelope!</p>

<p>WHOA that early?!?!
For RD right??</p>

<p>If so, that’s exciting to hear!!!</p>

<p>Oh wait I think this may be for EA then.
My mistake. :frowning: xP</p>

<p>Yeah Feb 1st is for EA.</p>

<p>Regular decision is late March I believe.</p>

<p>thanks, I’ll have my D be on the lookout for a big orange & green monster… The mailman in our neighborhood makes sure he fits it in the mailbox no matter how big it is LOL.</p>

<p>As far as early action goes, people have heard up to a little a less than 2 weeks before february 1st (although it is extremely rare) and some more people a little less than a week before (yet again quite rare)…most come out right on the 1st…but there is a chance it could be there before.</p>

<p>As far as internet, I know you can find out ED in MyUM but can you find out EA in MyUM…not sure</p>

<p>Thank you for all the good responses! :)</p>

<p>yeah for EA i dont think you can see it online. I checked all over that site</p>

<p>u wouldnt be able to know if they tell u online by just checking on the site, the one ED ppl see just appears once & then disappears & it probably wont be up this early anyway</p>

<p>Yea, once they give u your decision, it will be posted on myum. It’ll appear once as a pop up and say something like congratulations your Cane!</p>

<p>They were mailed out in random order. So if you don’t get yours early, do not assume that you were not accepted.
My student got the big green envelope about 4 days later than everyone else.
The Admissions Dept told us that they mail out as many as they possibly can on a daily basis.</p>

<p>I heard that they will start mailing EA decisions starting Monday (Jan 25) and they mail as many as they can each day. So I guess it depends on how far from UM you live… for me it takes 3 days for mail to get here from Miami =/</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the rejection letter envelope looks like? I am guessing it is small and not so colorful. We are in Colorado. How long will mail take to get here? I am guessing 2-3 days. Maybe we will hear by Thursday. Will there be a letter indicating if there is any scholarship offer in the acceptance letter? Or does that come later?</p>

<p>We have not visited the campus yet, but want to over spring break if possible. We will want to make sure school is in session though. It sounds like my son will fall in love with the campus if he sees it. We are from Hawaii originally and he is a warm weather guy even though he has grown up in ski country.</p>