So I finished one essay...but

<p>…it’s over 800words. Yes, it is for one essay only =p I believe I put a lot of meaning into this one essay and if I cut it down most if it would be lost. I know you can go slightly over the 1000 word limit and I may be able to get away with it if I answer the other prompt in less than 300 words but I need suggestions. What do you recommend?</p>

<ol>
<li>Cut down the essay and answer the second one in equal words </li>
<li>Leave the essay and answer the second one in fewer words and go over the 1000 limit slightly</li>
<li>Choose a second topic (not as strong) that will yield about 600 words and answer the second essay in 400 or less?</li>
</ol>

<p>Cut down the essay, option 1. Brevity will be an important skill later on. So cut it down to 750 words or so (shouldn’t be too hard) and write an essay with the 250 word bare minimum. Hurry!</p>

<p>Write full essays for both prompts and edit back later. Don’t try to tailor your responses to the word count in the draft phase. Let your essays sit for a while and read them aloud. It can become blatantly obvious what’s “fluff” and what’s really important to proving your point.</p>

<p>the above two posters have spelled what needs to be done… so my advice alongside theirs is:
Hurry you have 2 days LEFT!!
and
UC applications now allow 1000 word strict policy or else you cant submit your application</p>

<p>oh the most important thing:
STOP READING THIS AND GET BACK TO WORK!</p>