So, uh....movies?

<p>Not sure how off topic this is, but I can't find, for the life of me, a basic movie theater nearby the Campus. I know they show movies in MU, but the selection is limited, to say the least. I just want to see Burn After Reading or Eagle Eye, but from what I can tell, there's no theaters to be found.</p>

<p>Where do you Badgers go?</p>

<p>The very very nice Sundance Theater. Just a short bike, car, bus or cab ride away.</p>

<p>Sundance</a> Cinemas : Theatre Madison</p>

<p>Sundance Theater is definitely a treat. It's only about 2-3 miles straight out University Ave from campus (depending where you're coming from). You could hop on a bus to get there or even split a Union Cab fare to get there. Have fun!</p>

<p>Other than the Orpheum downtown there are no theaters showing current movies near campus. Besides Sundance see the following for Madison theaters: Movie</a> Showtimes - Google Search</p>

<p>OK, that's weird, IS there a University Square Theatres? Because that's what came up when I clicked your google link. Before 'Lucky' was built, there used to be a University Square Theatres, near Paisan's. Is there still a theater at that location?</p>

<p>Only in memory I believe.</p>

<p>University Theaters are deceased as is the original University Square, Madison's</a> Magnificent University Square - 4/21/2008 - Western Builder. Paisan's is now on W. Wilson around the corner from our condo. Great views of Lake Monona from their terrace. So-so food and a boring menu.</p>

<p>At Paisans it's all about the Garibaldi sandwich (hot) The rest is very average American-Italian circa 1965.</p>

<p>Paisan's has been through many reincarnations- it moved to the new University square in the early '70's, losing its basement atmosphere below Porta Bella, its more upscale counterpart then. Now there are several more, most likely bettter, pizza places that didn't exist in my day. Sundance is in the Hilldale Mall - at the end of Midvale Blvd where it meets University Ave. Hikeable, but now there are free bus passes for students...</p>

<p>Coming from NJ back in the early 70's what passed for pizza and Italian food in general was barely a step up from frozen pizza and Chef Boyardee. But the cheese was plentiful and good. Madison has come a long way since.</p>

<p>My wife and I were just having a discussion about the very topic of pizza in Madison last night. For a while we liked Ian's, but we lost our taste for it. We've moved on to the Glass Nickel Eastside, which is pretty good. Yesterday we brought home a 18" pizza from Costco, which was cheap and good. However, the ratio of cheese to tomato sauce is too high.</p>

<p>Have you tried Roman Candle pizza (Madison on Williamson Street, and Middleton on Parmenter)? It's my favorite, but expensive.</p>

<p>The</a> Roman Candle</p>

<p>Costco dogs are the way to go. Pizza--so-so but lots of it for the $$.</p>

<p>I like the eastside Roman Candle by the slice, but I found the Roman Candle in Middleton a big disappointment. The pizza wasn't that good and the restaurant was much too noisy.</p>

<p>I used to live across the street from Roman Candle (on Willy St). That was some of the saltiest pizza I have ever tasted. I still go back to Ian's every time I visit Madison.</p>

<p>Glass Nickle fan here. It is the only kind we usually get, but we will sometimes go to Ian's if we are down there around lunch time. My 20 somehting boys really like Ian's.</p>