So, what if I want to go to another college?

<p>I’ve been accepted, paid deposit, set up housing, and registered for Bama Bound (haven’t attended) but I’m thinking about attending another college? </p>

<p>What do I do to “get out” of the system at UA?</p>

<p>You can’t. We chain all attempted escapees to Denny Chimes. jk</p>

<p>Until you are absolutely certain that you want to go elsewhere, AND you have all your funding in place FOR SURE, leave everything as it is at Bama.</p>

<p>Once you’re certain that you are going elsewhere, then just contact Admissions and let them know.</p>

<p>But, again, don’t do what some kids do…Some mistakenly withdraw from safety schools, decline scholarships, and then find out too late that their FA packages weren’t affordable or their parents can’t pay as much as they should. Then, they are in a pickle!</p>

<p>You should be able to get some refunds, too. Check deadlines for refunds, if there are any, to make sure you don’t miss those. You won’t get your 200 dollar enrollment deposit back, I don’t believe, but you should get a good portion of your housing deposit back. I don’t know about Bama Bound, if you get a refund if you’ve paid.</p>

<p>Don’t feel tied to go to a school just because of money issues. If you truly think Bama is not the school for you, don’t go. Reiterating mom’s sentiment, though, make sure you can afford the school you want to go to. But you are the person who is going to be attending this school for the next four years, so it needs to be a place you’re comfortable with.</p>

<p>Take your time and think about it, talk it over with your parents, and do what’s right for you and your family. And hey, if you need longer to think about it and miss refund deadlines, no big deal. Your happiness is worth more than a couple of hundred bucks. This is not a decision to be made hastily.</p>

<p>Wishing you much luck in your future endeavors.</p>