So what now? (A little bit of guidance please)

<p>Well, admissions this year have been a crapshoot. I got wait-listed at a school I thought I had a real chance at, outright denied from Berkeley (well, I’m not too upset about this one, it is Berkeley after all). I only applied to two UCs, Davis and Berkeley. I did get into CSU Sacramento, and St. John’s six year PharmD program. I’m still waiting on University of the Pacific, I applied to their six year program as well. As you might infer, my desire is to go into Pharmacy. However I want to remain close to home (Sacramento) because of my sick mother, so UoP and UC Davis are ideal. However, what should I do in the case that I’m rejected from UC Davis and UoP? St. John’s program is out of the question (way too expensive), although I am a finalist for a large scholarship (if I get it, it might change this).</p>

<p>Okay, worst case scenario: I get rejected from everything. Should I just attend CSUS, and hope that I can get into a good Pharmacy program (and why is that state schools have such a bad rep)? Should I go to a CC and just transfer to a UC, and of course take the risk of not being able to get into the necessary courses in two years? Or, what is the possibility of transferring from a CSU to UC Davis? </p>

<p>Any advice would be helpful. :)</p>

<p>First, continue to think positively, that you will get admitted to one of these schools!</p>

<p>Since you want to stay close to home, you might consider the community college route, then transfer into CSUS or UC Davis. If you stay very focused on your grades and what courses you need to transfer, you will be fine.</p>

<p>I know several folks that did the community college route, then onto UC Davis, then on to med school!</p>