so who is applying to cc for 2008?

<p>i am fairly sure i will be applying early decision to colorado college for fall 2008, and i love this school. </p>

<p>anybody else planning on applying to cc?</p>

<p>My S applied EA at CC last year and got in and is going to start next month (Fall 2007). My understanding is that there is a stong facebook group for Class of 2011. You might look there to see what all is discussed.</p>

<p>I'll be applying EA. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Good luck to both of you. I applied ED I last year and counting down the days until August 25th. GO TIGERS!!</p>

<p>I will most likely be applying this year...I wish this school got more national respect.</p>

<p>Do you mean respect or exposure or ranking? I think one of the enat things about CC is that people choose to go there because of the block plan, location, and underlying uniqueness. For those reasons you get a student body based on the values of the school, not the value name recognition places on it. Try and attend one of their fall open houses if you can, and you'll see what I mean. When I went last fall there wasn't a person there, whether student or staff, who didn't seem genuinely happy about where they were. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>flyboy is absolutely correct. </p>

<p>I drove my S to CC for freshman move-in last weekend. RA's, freshmen, campus security, administration, bookstore employees, maintence crew, etc. EVERYONE was excited. </p>

<p>There were several orientation activites that allowed the parents of freshmen to interact. I was surprised how many of the parents were genuinely in "awe" of the campus, the effeciency and courtesy of the staff and the attitude of the students (new and veteran).</p>

<p>My S, who can be rather blase, was "pumped." It didn't stop with move-in day. The freshmen have left for what is called the Priddy trips. My S is going with a group on a high-elevation backpacking trip before classes start!</p>

<p>If you are interested in a small, well-organized and effiecient liberal arts institution located on a stoned gorgeous campus with unbelievable outdoor adventures out your doorstep and with a block plan that gives you a long weekend off every 3-1/2 weeks to take advantage of those opportunities, GIVE CC a serious look.</p>

<p>I also agree with Flyboy and 07DAD. That's one of the many reasons why I chose CC. I just got back from my Priddy trip a few hours ago and had sooo much fun (got to plant trees in New Mexico). Everyone here is so enthusiastic and excited. I've met some great friends already and I've only been here a week! I would strongly encourage everyone who is interested to apply, this place is amazing. I'm very much a homebody and I'm very attached to my family, yet here I am, over 2,000 miles away from home (I live in CT) and hardly missing it. I love CC! :D</p>

<p>Come talk with...</p>

<p>Colorado College
Colorado Springs, CO
</p>

<p>Claremont McKenna College
Claremont, CA </p>

<p>Connecticut College
New London, CT </p>

<p>Grinnell College
Grinnell, IA </p>

<p>Haverford College
Haverford, PA </p>

<p>Kenyon College
Gambier, OH </p>

<p>Macalester College
St. Paul, MN </p>

<p>Sarah Lawrence College
Bronxville, NY </p>

<p>THE DEANS OF ADMISSION of eight nationally recognized colleges invite you and your parents to a reception. Each of these highly selective residential colleges has something distinctive to offer. As a group, they place great value on student-faculty interaction, small classes, and challenging curricula. These colleges send a high percentage of graduates on to graduate and professional schools, and count among their alumnae/i leaders in virtually every field.</p>

<p>The program will include presentations on admission, financial aid, and each of the colleges. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.</p>

<p>We kindly request that you register for the program at <a href="http://8ofthebest.gotoextinguisher.com/event/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://8ofthebest.gotoextinguisher.com/event/&lt;/a>. We look forward to meeting you.</p>

<p>Upcoming Events
Philadelphia
Sunday, September 16
2:30 pm Registration
3:00 pm Program
Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
4200 City Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Tel: (215) 879-4000</p>

<p>Baltimore
Monday, September 17
7:00 pm Registration