SOAR and AP Tests

<p>Doe sit make sense to have my SOAR date be after I get the results for my AP tests or should it not matter?</p>

<p>Make your SOAR date as early as possible (remember to log into the SOAR reservation systems at 5pm on Monday, April 25th). You can adjust your courses later if necessary after the AP exam results are posted to your my.wisc.edu account on or around July 7th (it was 7/7/2010).</p>

<p>If you think you’ll test out of the Comm A requirement based on your AP English score, then don’t register for English 100, etc. </p>

<p>What AP exams are you taking? What is your intended course of study? I am asking because some people Math 221 (1st semester calculus) even if they test out of it if they have to take 1-2 more semesters of math, for example.</p>

<p>I’ll be taking AP Bio and AP stats. I’m undecided major wise, but leaning towards bio while meeting pre-med requirements. </p>

<p>I took a academic writing class and an algebra/trig through a dual enrollment class, and they told me that should cover my math and english requirements. </p>

<p>My dual enrollment spanish should get me in to thrid semester Spanish.</p>

<p>Are you from out of state? Or, if you are from MN or WI you may still be able to take your SOAR placement tests now. testing.wisc.edu Math, English and foreign language placement.</p>

<p>I’m from MN, but I’m close enough to River Falls that I’ll be taking my placement tests there at the end of the month.</p>

<p>OK so you will know shortly thereafter if you tested out of the Communications A requirement (I think you need 600/850) and what semester of foreign language you test into. Results are in my.wisc.edu Student Center Academics Placement Tests</p>

<p>If you go to SOAR before your get your AP scores, they’ll ask you what you think you got, and tell you to take a certain class as if you didn’t get credit, but they’ll tell you what to take if you do wind up getting credit, and then you can simply drop that original class and put in the new one when you’re past SOAR. </p>

<p>I don’t know if people know this but you can make endless changes to your schedule once you leave SOAR. I changed a class of mine, found a new class that wasn’t there when I was at SOAR, I liked it and met a really good friend, so it can be helpful.</p>