SOAR, AP's and Class registration

<p>Hello everyone, I've got a pretty involved question, and I'd appreciate any suggestions. So earlier this month i took four ap's (language, lit, us, and world history) all of which I think I'll get some type of credit for. I then signed up for the SOAR on June 8th, session #3, without really realizing that I wouldn't get my AP grades until early July. Now, I'm wondering if i should switch my SOAR (next soonest available is July 24th, #32). Would that be a good idea? It really comes down to two things:</p>

<p>1.) Does registering in the 32nd session really screw me over for getting good classes? (I heard that they split up open classes by session so that everyone has a shot, but i don't know if thats true)</p>

<p>and </p>

<p>2.) Could I somehow work around not having my AP grades just yet in June, and manage to register for advanced classes presuming that I would get 4's and 5's?</p>

<p>Sorry if these questions seem dumb, but I really have no idea; thanks for all your help and advice.</p>

<p>p.s. all your help and advice would be nice as quick as possible :) - I only have like one or two days to change my SOAR.</p>

<p>i'd stick with the earlier one. I took AP's as well and have an early session (#2). Odds are the AP's you took this year won't dramatically affect your schedule. If you're worried, sign up for an extra class at SOAR and then drop it if you get credit for it.</p>

<p>Same number of spots for classes are held for each orientation session putting no one session at an advantage over another.</p>

<p>Oh, thanks. Another question- should you go to SOAR knowing which classes you want to take, and if so, whats the best way to get a course listing (do they send you a course catalog or are you supposed to just look online?)</p>

<p>Their website has a full class list....I wouldn't worry too much everyone is in the same boat as far as not knowing what to do. I'm sure they will guide you.</p>

<p>"Same number of spots for classes are held for each orientation session putting no one session at an advantage over another."</p>

<p>I don't know maybe it has changed but last summer, I went to the second soar and could choose whatever I wanted, not that it mattered since no one knew what they were doing.</p>

<p>But my roomate went to the last one and said that their objective was to get any class because so many had filled up already.</p>

<p>Even if this is not true it was nice to register early because then I had time to look over my schedule during the summer and change my classes to what I needed. ( The SOAR people tell you to take all these wierd classes that arent requirements which can be nice, esp if you dont know what you wanna do but I wanted to get mine out of the way. So I had a totally different schedule from the one I registered for.)</p>

<p>Yea guys, im just going to keep my session then- thanks for all the advice.</p>

<p>I'm in the same boat... Blah. Kinda wanted to know my AP grades so I could possibly sign up for classes requiring soph standing. But oh well.</p>

<p>See you guys there! (LESS THAN A MONTH!! WOOT!)</p>