SOAR Dates

<p>Yes, thanks. It just seemed to make some difference, depending on what you entered while registering for SOAR, in the dates they offered. They opened new dates on May 4th so son changed to June 15-16. He wanted to be earlier and it worked better for the family and work schedule.</p>

<p>My daughter just received the e-mail regarding registering for SOAR on May 8 and by May 10 when she tried to register, she was told there were no more dates available. We will call after the weekend to see whats going on, but I am curious whether this has happened to anyone else and if so, will there be any choice of dates when we call.</p>

<p>BTW- The first week (or more?) of SOAR overlaps with many Wis HS's last week of classes/graduation.</p>

<p>This is ridiculous. I still can’t register. I applied for housing and sent in my money, what the hell is going on?</p>

<p>It can take 2 weeks to post your deposits. Post your questions to SOAR on Facebook or call. Nobody here can help you much.</p>

<p>[SOAR</a> Questions | Facebook](<a href=“http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=38127363006&topic=8164]SOAR”>http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=38127363006&topic=8164)</p>

<p>Here’s another answer–you will get a SOAR date. From UW Admissions site</p>

<p>“Will housing, summer orientation options, and financial aid be available for students admitted from the waiting list?
Students admitted from the waiting list enter the same processes and communications streams as other enrolling first-year students, but obviously later in the calendar year than those students admitted upon first review. Space is guaranteed in our mandatory summer Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) program, though fewer date options may be available. The availability of space in the University Residence Halls, as well as financial aid dollars, varies from year to year and cannot be determined at this time.”</p>

<p>The error message was confusing me:
“You are unable to make a reservation at this time because your admission’s record is incomplete. You must submit your enrollment deposit or enrollment confirmation form to admissions to be eligible to register for SOAR.”</p>

<p>They should have said “You must submit your enrollment deposit AND enrollment confirmation form.” I thought I could just submit one or the other to have access to SOAR and other services.</p>

<p>I dont understand…i was just accepted this past friday off the waitlist and signed up for SOAR right away. I dont have any materials or deposits mailed in because i hadnt recieved them yet but i still got registered for june 21-22. How did i get an eariler date, did someone just cancel theirs and i got lucky?</p>