soar housing

<p>hi! i am going to attend the soar(orientation) in late august and found from the web that it does not provide housing for participants. could you guys tell me if the temporary home stay from international student services hard to apply or there are some other places i can stay during the soar? thanks!</p>

<p>When you make your SOAR reservation, there will be a housing option page that lists many other choices - including paying to stay in a hotel-type room in Union South (closest to SOAR) or Memorial Union (farther away), as well as some non-University owned hotel rooms.</p>

<p>i heard from some friends that international students can live in the residence hall earlier for the soar program. is that true?</p>

<p>If you will be living in the UW dorms and are an international student, you do get to move in early. It may be earlier than your SOAR date.</p>

<p>But i asked an officer of the residence hall. Here is his answer:“The University Residence Halls do not open until August 25th. Students attending the International SOAR from August 20-22 should look at the hotel option listed on the registration site in order to secure lodging from August 20-25.” Why is it different?</p>

<p>I’m sure the residence hall guy knows what he’s talking about. You should find a hotel until the 25th. Union South has a hotel which is brand new, and there are other hotels all around the campus area. Check out the site and look at your options.</p>