SOAR Question

<p>So I'm looking to become an actuary. But, I'm still deciding whether I want to pursue a broader degree in math/statistics (College of L&S) or go for the narrow degree in actuarial science (School of Business). I applied and was admitted to L&S, but didn't apply to Business cause my plans/majors/etc changed since I applied. All that said, I need to pick whether to go to SOAR for Business or L&S (they ask you to pick a school--not necessarily the one you were admitted to--when you sign up for SOAR). Any help?</p>

<p>As you don't apply to the business school for at least a year you can register as pre-business and keep your options open while you sort it out, I believe. Questions like this are what SOAR is for. Both options seem valid for you.</p>

<p>yeah well the problem is which should I register for SOAR under, L&S or Business? when registering for SOAR, they ask you to pick a school for orientation</p>

<p>You should register under the Cross-College Advising Service (CCAS). That is specifically for people who are completely undecided or for those who are considering majors in different schools.</p>