Social Dorms

<p>I have been looking through previous posts on housing and I still can't seem to find the answer to my question. Which dorms are the most social or biggest party dorms that are also nice to live in?</p>

<p>I personally seem to have a hard time imagining a bunch of drunken students in a dorm as "nice", but to all his own.</p>

<p>Anyway, from what I have read on this forum and heard from individuals is the the lakeside dorms are quieter while the other dorms are more what you are looking for. There is a big long thread discussing all the dorms on this forum that should tell you everything you'd want to know and then some.</p>

<p>If I go to Madison, I'll be in the lakeside dorms :-P</p>

<p>One thing I was told about the lakeside dorms by a teacher of mine who went there recently was that in the summer sometimes a whif of the farm will come in....</p>

<p>The most social dorms I believe are Witte and Sellery. If I'm not mistaking them. They aren't nice dorms, though. If it's not Witte and Sellery then it's whatever dorms most people get put into.</p>

<p>yes, vvvaaappp is right, the most social dorms are definitely sellery and witte because they are mostly (if not all?) freshman.</p>

<p>when you say "not nice", in what ways is it not nice. Plus, are there not many freshmen in Ogg and Smith Hall? And how are the rooms themselves in Witte and Sellery? Also, when it says that rooms are co-ed by wing, does it mean that all the guys are in one side of the building and the girls on the other side?</p>

<p>Yes, co-ed by wing means gals on one wing and guys on the others with common areas in between the floor. </p>

<p>As I recalled, the Witte room was tiny - one could hardly get any productive study done there - well, that's what those libraries are for. Proximity to bars and high ratio of freshmen, party/fun atmosphere ruled most floors, including mine. No complain from someone coming from an all-boy HS. What'd happened in Witte stayed in Witte. ;) </p>

<p>My personality at the time would likely dictate a lakeside dorm selection. I am glad I went out of my comfort zone as I found those days at Witte and the Union some of my fondest memories of UW.</p>

<p>so they're really small. crap, that kind of sucks. and it's not air conditioned either? what about in the winters? i hope there's heating. and are there not many freshmen in Ogg and Smith Hall?</p>

<p>i visited this weekend and had the chance to see a wide variety of dorms. yes they are small, but not a ton smaller than the dorms at any college. not sure if they are air conditioned, but they are DEFINITELY heated-that is a necessity here in the mid-north!! there are lots of freshmen in ogg and smith, but a larger number of sophomores too. i have a friend who is a frosh in ogg and she loved it.
the lakeshore dorms definitely seemed nicer, but not by a ton</p>

<p>They reserve half of the spaces in each dorm for freshmen with only two exceptions (there's a no freshmen one and an all freshmen one), there can be more than half freshmen, the most popular dorms may have half returning residents. No air conditioning in general, but public spaces will be - and heat is much more important. Remember, each dorm has pros and cons so don't be worried when you find out your room/dorm in June.</p>

<p>Smith and New Ogg have AC.</p>