Someone please answer im stressing abt this!!

I am applying to Texas A&M for a computer science major and I am academic-admit. I am probably going to send in my application on September 15 and my teacher will probably send the rec letter 3 weeks later. I know that rec letters arent required but will TAMU review my application and make a decision before my teacher sends the rec letter since its rolling admission or will they wait for the rec letter to come? And if they dont wait will not having a rec letter significantly affect my chances of getting in? ahhh please tell me i dont know much abt college app process

I don’t understand the issue. If you are an academic admit, you have guaranteed admission with or without a recommendation letter. Unless something has changed, recommendation letters are optional. Next year, academic admit goes away, and only auto admits are guaranteed admission.

They won’t need the rec letters for A&M admittance since you are an academic admit but maybe they review them for engineering admittance or maybe for scholarships. Someone else that knows more about the process can possibly answer this question. I would get them in as soon as you can and that’s really all you can do.

Tamu has no idea if you’re sending in a LOR. It will be helpful for engineering but since academic admit, you’ll get that acceptance first. After October 15th, people will start hearing back from engineering.

Being academic admit and applying by Sept 15, you might get your University Admissions decision by the time the first decisions are released (19-21st in the past). If your Univeristy Admisisons Decision is not with the first release, it will be shortly afterwards. It takes roughly 2-3 weeks from application to university decision for auto/academic admits.

The engineering decision can come as early as the first week in Oct (yes, even before the early decision deadline) but most are after that. Understand that while many who apply early hear in December, the Early Application Deadline is to be taken with a grain of salt. Every year since its inception with Aggie class 2021, there have been auto and academic admits who applied by the Early Decision deadline and still had deferred decisions until January.