Son can't make Move in Day August 21

In looking into other stuff on TAMU, I came across the official dorm move in date. Somewhere, at some other time, I thought I had read it was August 25, so my will be out of town on August 21 and does not come home until August 22. He will miss the official move in. Should we (other family members) or would we even be allowed to, move him in “officially” on that Sunday and when he gets home, drive him down August 23? Or will reslife allow official move in on August 23 if we wait for him to get back.
I really hate for him to miss too much of welcome week and getting familiar with where classes are and all the other benefits.

Call Residence Life. I think you’ll find them very accommodating. They actually allow early move-ins (a day or two ahead) when necessary. Even if that’s not possible, there is absolutely nothing firm requiring him to move in on the “official” move-in day. He can come a day or two later, still leaving plenty of time for him to acclimate to campus before classes start.

I myself moved in on the Saturday two days before classes, you do not have to move in on the official day. The good thing is you can avoid the immense traffic jam of move in day. IMO, its easy to adapt to TAMU quickly, I felt adapted within a few hours, lol.

I don’t think they would let you sign for your son, but even if they did - don’t do it. He should however let his assigned roommate know so they don’t wait on or be surprised by his arrival. It is nice to know when to expect the ‘move in’ of your roommate, and the onslaught of additional people that help the whole move-in process. Meeting in a towel or boxers isn’t the ideal howdy moment

:-h