Sophie Davis Accepted Students 2023

Hello! I noticed there wasn’t a thread for this year’s Sophie Davis entering class so I decided to create one for us to have a place to discuss! Feel free to join!

Hoping we can add helpful info for future students.

found it, thank you!!

Does your emails mention about pre metriculation program from July 5- Aug 11?

Yup! It came along within my acceptance emailed

1 Like

Yes mandatory

i just don’t know how i’m gonna work this summer😫 does anyone know what we do in the program?

I think summers are all for Sophie based on the curriculum. :eyes: accelerated 7 years. They have to fit classes into the summer I would think

thanks!!

see you all on April 22!!

Reception rsvp email is incorrect. Missing a letter there.

Hey guys, I just got in. Congratulations to us all!

1 Like

Can anyone share some of the questions that were asked at the interview?

don’t know if that’s allowed but be prepared to talk about why you want to be a doctor(emphasize sophie’s mission) & what type (say something in primary care, even if that’s not what you really want)

be prepared to talk about yourself—your hobbies outside of medicine.

you should be able to explain your ec’s and whatever you put on your resume and application. reread your essays before interviewing.

overall just be yourself. my interviews weren’t too professional they were pretty chill.

are you applying for next year?

Thank you so much! Yes, I am a Junior. It seems like an overwhelming interview! 3 hours! Did you submit your SAT and ACT scores?

I did, but I don’t know if it’ll still be optional or not for next year. my stats were 1410 SAT and 32 ACT. Someone I know that goes there told me some of their classmates had 1200 SAT’s which is why I felt comfortable sending my scores even though they weren’t crazy high. My guess is they care more about you than your grades.

Don’t let the thought of a three hour interview scare you! They’ll always have a current sophie student be your first interview to calm down your nerves a little bit and from there on time just flies by. Three hours to me felt like three minutes! You’ll just be so absorbed it getting to know each other that time won’t even be on your mind

Hi there received alternate news. Is the April 22nd reception for accepted students?

Thank you so much! Congratulations and best of luck.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank You for calming my nerves. Thank you so much! Congratulations and best wishes.

1 Like