Sophmores....where are you planning on living?

<p>Just curious where many of the sophmores are planning to live next semester?</p>

<p>bump...isn 't there anyone going to be Sophmore in the Fall that has ideas about where they are going to live?</p>

<p>i'll be in pearson</p>

<p>Probably Mahoney, my second choice is Eaton......... I really don't want to live in the apartments because I've heard bad things about the new and old ones...</p>

<p>the apts are nice for space, but in regards to mold, broken appliances, windows that wont open and bugs, the apts have issues...i call about every week to have the mold removed.</p>

<p>lol I know, the apts are horrible in everything but space........ but what does it help if you have extra space if it's just being occupied by roaches?!</p>

<p>I was looking at the off campus places. im not sure if sophmores can move off campus, but after i looked at it, i got jelous. lol
they look amazing!</p>

<p>Many of the off campus place super close to campus are SUPER expensive... For one of those "nice" places close to campus it's easily 4K a month for rent :)</p>

<p>Really, have u gone to the off campus section on the MYUM.
i went in there and then i put, location: walking distance to campus
I found a good deal of places in the 1500's. Its still a lot, but if u split it, 750 a month comes out roughly the same as on campus. I might be wrong. mayby those apartments off campus that i see on the MYUM suck. :P</p>

<p>anyone can move off campus.</p>

<p>as a freshman u cant unless ur legal guardian lives in the Miami Dade area. atleast thats what it says in the admissions packet i got.</p>

<p>if you're a freshman unless you LIVE with them (not only if they live in the area)</p>

<p>oh, and some of the apartments are fairly nice on myum but they aren't very close to campus... they may be like 10-15miles away and with Miami traffic that can mean a pretty long commute! (actually anything over 5 miles away from campus will be a long commute).... it actually took me an HOUR to drive 7 miles on US1 in traffic</p>

<p>I hate US1.</p>

<p>and also about the on campus apts, we didnt get the roaches until this semester, granted it was only a couple over a length of time, but still, its gross. last semester was the invasion of the fire ants. they were everywhere and NOTHING would get rid of them. Unicco finally came out and sprayed and we havent had a problem since (knock on wood). But there's nothing like pulling back your comforter to climb into bed only to discover an army of fire ants has moved in at 1 in the morning.</p>

<p>Wow, I never heard about the fire ants! lol that would not have been cool (I'm very very allergic! hah)</p>

<p>lol, hopefully Stanford Towers are insect free ;)</p>

<p>The higher up you are in Stanford the better but I've heard of a couple of roach sightings and ants if your room has food lying around....... (although I've never witnessed it myself)</p>