Sophomore housing options

<p>So I will probably be staying in housing again next year (soph) and need some advice about which hall would be good. Basically all of my friends will be in apartments next year so rooming up with them is not really an option. I've been thinking Ogg/Smith or Dejope (live in sellery now). Are there plenty of sophomores in those halls? Also, will I get stuck on a freshman floor or do they try to separate sophomores/freshmen? </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>This year, I heard from a housefellow in Dejope, that the top floor (5th floor), which is the floor that has the best views if you are on the lake side, only had 1 freshman.</p>

<p>I have a sophomore kid on the fifth floor of Dejope. Her group of friends got in line to pick their rooms early (this was a physical, not virtual line) and they got rooms with the best views, and are surrounded by friends.</p>

<p>Dejope is brand new this year, and seems more like a nice hotel than the typical drab, worn out type of dorm.</p>

<p>Sophomores tend to get the best rooms in any dorm they choose. The dorm may be 50% or more freshmen but the returning residents will tend to cluster together. Happened to son in Liz. Figure out whether you want the city highrise lifestyle or the Lakeshore. Friends drift apart if proximity in the dorms was the reason to hang out while those with common interests, such as a major or common courses, will bother to go to each other’s places. You will have a somewhat different lifestyle than those in apartments. You might ask yourself if it is worth considering being on the same end of campus as any apartment friends. Perhaps people in your classes this year may be choosing dorms as well. My friends in my major tended to choose places I would not.</p>

<p>Alright. Thanks for the info. I just recently got an email that my date to select a room online is this coming Monday. What should I expect as I have no idea how that works? Still worried about picking a room on a floor with a bunch of freshmen.</p>

<p>Mike1213: If you login to Rooms-Online on Monday, and you see a room you’d like that only shows one space available, that most likely means someone who is definitely NOT a freshman has picked that room and will be your roommate next fall.</p>