Sororities at Purdue

<p>Just wondering what the sororities are like at Purdue. From what I've heard, West Lafayette is pretty boring if you're not involved in Greek Life. Are the sororities really stereotypical ie catty girls who party and cause drama, fake, shallow, etc? What are the specific reputations for each "main" one? How hard is it to get in? Hazing? </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Actually, you can have fun without being a in sorority/greek life. Your freshmen year it seems the opposite because a lot of people rush, but in reality greek life is not for everyone. </p>

<p>I feel like every girl considering rushing at Purdue should do so without all these biases and prejudices from other people. Yes, there are catty girls, but whenever you have a large group of girls living together, there’s bound to be a few negative personalities (there’s many different personalities within a sorority too, party girls, studious girls, etc not every girl is the same obviously). I also feel like there is this “pyramid” of “top tier” sororities to “bottom tier” sororities. Any girl considering rushing should ignore these “rankings”. Being a “top” sorority won’t make you like the house anymore when you’re rushing, you may even hate it and not click with the girls. It may be harder to get into these “top” sororities, but it is just because many people think they should be in them so they always rank them high during rush, but may or may not be called back by the sorority. </p>

<p>Other than that, rush is tiring but is worth it if you truly find a good match/sorority that works for you.</p>