Sororities at UA :)

<p>Hi everyone! So I’m a high school senior from Southern California, and just got my acceptance to Alabama which is my top choice right now. I really want to join a sorority once I’m on campus (I know it’s early but I want to start gathering info on the topic matter) but I’m so confused on how it all works! I’m going to be a first generation at UA, and no one in my family has ever been in a sorority at school where it’s such a big deal. I’m terrified I won’t find one to join because I’m so clueless on how in depth it is as well as how it all works.
so first of all, is it really extremely difficult to get bids?
and also what kind of recs and everything do you get when pledging?
just any general advice on sororities would be IMMENSELY appreciated. thank you so much :)</p>

<p>there is a blog out there called sororitygirl101 that should answer all these questions.</p>

<p>if you are a nice put together friendly person, you should be able to get a bid as long as you do your homework.</p>

<p>Welcome, abbylouise. Try connecting with ahpimommy. She’s a veritable font of information about sororities at 'Bama and I’m sure she’d welcome a pm from you.</p>

<p>thank you so much :)</p>

<p>abbylouise - just wanted to let you know that my daughters roommate is from San Diego and her other 2 are from GA and TX. All of them found their letters at their first choice house this past August.</p>

<p>Sorority 101 is a huge help as is this forum. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I’d like to pay it forward for all the help we received last year!</p>

<p>abbylouise…I sent you a visitors message. I can help!</p>

<p>thank you so much :slight_smile: really, i’ve been stressing out like crazy about fitting in with the Southern girls haha :)</p>