Sororities

<p>Does anyone know how crucial it is to have letters of rec for every sorority?</p>

<p>very very very</p>

<p>Yes very important at U of Alabama.</p>

<p>You would not want to be cut from a group you like because you did not have a rec letter.</p>

<p>Every house has a committee of girls that just handle recommendations/ GPA and Facebook checking.</p>

<p>With over 1500 young ladies coming through if they don’t have the GPA or recommendation that is a easy way for them to make a cut.</p>

<p>That being said if a girl does not have the GPA but has a glowing recommendation they may get a second look. It just depends on the house, each group is different.</p>

<p>Going Greek is a huge commitment. But also an excellent way to meet alot of people, learn leadership skills and do volunteer work!</p>

<p>Ask around school. I bet a lot of teachers may have belonged to a sorority.</p>

<p>D got her recs in the summer. And after pledging had teachers coming out of the woodwork saying they would have loved to write a letter of recommendation for my D!</p>

<p>Also check out the Greek life web page at Bama, they sort of give info on where to look…
and what information you should provide.</p>

<p>Thank you for the wonderful input, and suggestions! Also, Do the NPHC meetings help as well? I am from Naperville Illinois and have heard that NPHC can help write letters of rec when you attend the meetings! Does that sound about right?</p>

<p>I would agree with everyone above…you NEED to have at least 1 letter of recommendation for each house.<br>
Chicago Suburbs — Hinsdale Area</p>

<p>Hinsdale Area Alumane Panhellenic Association HAAPA</p>

<p>[Hinsdale</a> Area Alumnae Panhellenic Association](<a href=“http://www.hinsdalepanhellenic.org%5DHinsdale”>http://www.hinsdalepanhellenic.org)</p>

<p>Facebook too-----Hinsdale Area Alumnae Panhellenic</p>

<p>5th Annual Sorority Recruitment Information Night
Monday, May 16, 2011
Hinsdale Community House, Hinsdale, Illinois</p>

<p>Speakers from Big Ten Greek Life and a Campus Advisory Collegiate Panel of various college sorority leaders from across the county will provide a glimpse into a week of formal recruitment.</p>

<p>Area Women and Parents invited
As you can see the Chicago area Panhellenic is hosting an information session for young women and their parents who are interested in recruitment. These information sessions are very helpful. I would email them and see if their is going to be another one in Naperville or if you should attend this one. Go is you can…it will give you get connections for rec letters as well as give you an overall view of the recruitment process.
Did you go to Panhellenic Preview Weekend…they should have covered the fact that Recs are a MUST at Bama. As mentioned before with so many young women going through a rec letter gives each house some better way to know you and to see what you can bring to their particular sorority. As mentioned recs and grades are one way of making cuts…something no one likes to do but is necessary to the process. You can check on the Bama Greek life WEb Page…there should be a phone number for the Greek Life office as well as an email. they are very helpful and will be glad to answer any questions you have. My DD tried to get at least 2 recs per house just to be safe…she asked teachers, people at church, and just about everyone we met…she even got one while trying on clothes at J Crew!
This is an exciting time…good luck. Remember as you go through recruitment maximize your options and keep an open mind…you will find your home :).</p>

<p>Go to the University of Alabama Greek Life Web Page.</p>

<p>Click on Panhellenic Association if you are interested in Sorority Recruitment before school starts: </p>

<p>Look at the Resources tab I believe the group you are looking for is the National Panhellenic Confrerence.</p>

<p>While at the web site look at last years Greek Chic and also the UA Panhellenic Facebook Group. That Facebook page is new and they seem to be updating the info daily.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed, I will be sure to email/stay up to date with those resources! Thanks again!</p>

<p>to get one for Delta Gamma. Although they’ll be colonizing after formal recruitment, and you might pledge one of the sororities already there, you never know…</p>