Sororities

<p>I am planning on rushing as a freshman this fall and I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about sorority reputations - I know there are varied viewpoints and this can be a sensitive matter for some people but I really want to know what I can about the sororities, such as which ones are known for their parties, and which for their grades ect. Anything at all could help, thanks and GigEm.</p>

<p>I don’t think anyone will give you an answer to this or at least they shouldn’t. You just need to go through recruitment with an open mind and make decisions based on what you feel when meeting the girls.</p>

<p>Agree with what Rushedmom said. There are sites out there that rank sororities. Google “Texas A&M sorority”. But the thing is, everyone says the same things about every sorority, so it’s really hit and miss. Best bet is to meet them in person. I could be wrong, but from the indications I get, Greek Life is not really big on campus at Texas A&M as compared to many other schools. 10% of students are in Greek Life, or something like that.</p>

<p>To be honest, the worst thing you can do is go into recruitment with pre-formed opinions about individual sororities. My suggestion is go into the week with an open mind; you will know which ones are right for you after the first or second visit. My daughter, who is about to graduate, knew the second night where she belonged, and it wasn’t in her top 3 at the beginning of the process!
Cromette is right, Greek life is not that big a deal at A&M with approximately 12% of the student body participating. Recruitment is not as cut-throat as at other universities either. There is a place for everyone. If you go the whole week you will receive a bid on bid-day.
With all of the FLOs and other organizations, and just the “community” atmosphere, going Greek is not as important at A&M as at other universities.
Best of luck!!</p>

<p>I go to A&M and as a person who is here 24/7, Greek Life is big at Texas A&M. My brother is in a frat here and myself will be rushing next fall! I’m excited and yes, greek life here is rather big</p>

<p>Hi lovealitte,
can you please give me some tips on how to get into a sorority for spring 2014??</p>

<p>Runninggirl- you need to contact the Greek life office later in the fall and let them know you are interested in Spring Recruitment. They can let you know if/which houses are open. Most are at total now and unless there are large numbers of Seniors graduating in December a lot of houses might not take girls. And because “total number” has not been raised the chapters won’t know until closer to December if they will take girls in the spring.</p>