Sorority life

<p>Did your D register?</p>

<p>[Greek</a> Life](<a href=“http://greeklife.ua.edu/panpreview.html]Greek”>http://greeklife.ua.edu/panpreview.html)</p>

<p>Scroll down to the link below the agenda. There is a registration link.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Shelbysmom: I’m glad you asked. My D registered over a week ago and never received any type of reply. Does anyone know if they send something out closer to the date?</p>

<p>I just re-read this thread looking for information on sorority meal plans. I thought I had read somwhere that sorority members are required to get their meals at the sorority house. Is this true?</p>

<p>Most houses do require you to have meals at the sorority house.</p>

<p>The price is very similar to the meal plans on campus, after recruitment a list is given to food service & those plans are converted to the Greek Plan. (I believe there may have been a small change this year so check the food service web page). Then a check is cut to reimburse the students who had prepaid the meal plan. D still has some funds posted to food service this quarter.</p>

<p>At Ds house if you have a conflict with getting lunch or dinner you can get a to go box. Which works for D & her schedule.</p>

<p>D really has enjoyed eating at the house, I think it is a nice way to keep current with what is going on daily in the sorority. The houses at UA are all large with over 200 plus members, so those who live in dorms/ and off campus still feel a part of the house.</p>

<p>Also consider when you see fees posted concerning greek life many of them include the food service tab…</p>

<p>Just checked the Bama Dining web page: it offers 3 different options</p>

<p>1) Greek Plan all Greek members are converted to this after recruitment $385. avg. of 2/3 meals per week</p>

<p>2) You can add additional meals.</p>

<p>3) You can choose no meals but still have to pay a Community Dining Charge $197 per semester.</p>

<p>It looks like you have until early September to make changes.</p>

<p>The #1 plan worked with D, sometimes she would meet up with friends from different houses, non greek & study groups…Also every house is different and some do not provide meals on some weekend days. So that info would be on a per house basis!</p>

<p>Hi I just had a question I am going to be a freshman at Alabama in the fall and I am interested in joining a sorority. My grades weren’t very good in high school B’s and C’s and I’m wondering if there is even a point in pledging my freshman year or if it would just be a waste of time? Thanks!</p>

<p>What is your cumulative GPA??? if it is below a 3.0 then you might want to think about waiting until sophomore year. Pm me if you would like more information.</p>

<p>Not even sure what my exact gpa was I’d have to e-mail my guidance counselor. what do you mean pm you? But yea I live in New York so if its a waste of time I don’t wana make two trips this summer</p>

<p>you need to know your actual GPA. if it is below a 3.0 i think you will automatically be dropped from most houses.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>ahpimommy is really Margaret Thatcher. She would like you to show her respect and call her madam Prime Minister.</p>

<p>Or she might just want you to Private Message her your info (GPA) if you didn’t want to post it on the board for all to read :-)</p>