Sorority question

<p>hi, i’m going to be at ua next year and i’m planning on rushing in august. i’ve read a lot about the colonization of delta gamma but i don’t know much about it. i know that their recruitment is after formal sorority recruitment, but other than that i don’t know what that entails. for example, say i go through formal recruitment but i don’t get a bid - could i still join delta gamma? or would they not accept me because it seems like i’m only joining because none of the other sororities took me? if that makes sense.
basically what i’m wondering is, does anyone have any detail about the colonization of delta gamma at ua and about their recruitment process?
i’m going to be down for the panhellenic preview in march, if that helps!</p>

<p>soccerchick, If you have a Facebook account, go to Delta Gamma-University of Alabama. You can find the information you want there. I also recommend you attend the preview weekend in March to learn more about all the houses and the recruitment process. It’s a very informative weekend, you’ll enjoy visiting all the houses and get to meet a few of the girls.</p>

<p>Soccerchick,
You can go through recruitment for Delta Gamma whether or not you go through formal recruitment. The colonization team will consider all applicants, whether you’ve been through several recruitments or none.
Recruitment will be different. There’s no house to tour for the first round, because there’s no house yet! There will be an opening session, and you will probably meet Delta Gamma collegiates from one of the nearby chapters. There will be at least 2 interviews with the colonization team, which consists of international officers, regional officers and possibly local alumnae. Another collegiate chapter will conduct a preferential round.
Bids are usually issued the next day. This will all take place a couple of weeks after formal recruitment ends. You can go to [Login</a> | Facebook](<a href=“http://www.joindg.com%5DLogin”>http://www.joindg.com) to sign up for more info.</p>

<p>Sorry, I hit the submit button too quickly!
Definitely go through the full formal recruitment! You want to meet women in all the sororities and find the best fit for YOU.
Good luck! Roll Tide!</p>