Sorority questions

<p>Is there anything the girls should be doing now to prepare for sorority recruitment? When do the forms come out for formal recruitment?</p>

<p>Great question!</p>

<p>TCU Greeks have their own website, although it isn’t organized very well, nor easy to navigate. The address is [TCU</a> – Fraternity and Sorority Life](<a href=“http://www.greeks.tcu.edu%5DTCU”>http://www.greeks.tcu.edu). The Panhellinic web address is [TCU</a> – Fraternity and Sorority Life](<a href=“http://www.greeks.tcu.edu/phc-recruitment-sp-home.html]TCU”>http://www.greeks.tcu.edu/phc-recruitment-sp-home.html). Panhellinic is the governing body over sororities. They will post an information packet about dates, what-to-wear, letters of recommendation, etc. very soon. Keep an eye out. In the meantime, go online and see what sororities are at TCU and start finding people to write you a letter of recommendation for each sorority. There also is a new chapter or two being started on campus this year – would be REALLY neat to leave a legacy and be a part of it.</p>

<p>You should be writing up your resume and getting picture ready for recommendations. Also start reaching out to alumane that are friends to write recommendations for you. (remember to always write a thank you note to them)</p>

<p>I could use a little help here as well. My family is “new” to the sorority scene - as I never rushed during college. Any guidance on letters of recommendations, clothing, what to expect would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Information such as dates, clothing , resume and rec. letters and recruitment will be available on the website listed in Rice1961. Pictures do not need to be a professional portrait. Although rec. letters are recommended they are not mandatory. Your d should relax and go into recruitment with an open mind and select a house where she feels she has the most in common with the girls. D was quite stressed out last year with everything she read on Facebook, she finally decided on a house where she did not have a rec. letter. She is happy with her decision and loves her sisters.</p>

<p>ilovebaseball, ask your friends if they were in sororities. If so, they are eligible to write a letter of recommendation for your daughter to the sorority that they were/are in. Many sororities host forms on their national websites. The form or letter will need to be mailed to the sorority’s address at TCU. This will be explained in the packet when it’s posted, but you can always call the Panhellinic office at TCU with any questions: (817) 257-7281</p>

<p>Hello again, Rice, do you know which new chapters are going to be coming to TCU?</p>

<p>Marilyn, Alpha Omicron Pi will be colonizing this fall, but I don’t believe they will be participating in fall rush. It’s my understanding they will begin outreach after formal recruitment has finished. If you register with TCU Panhellenic for fall rush, I’m sure you will receive a lot more information about how AOII’s recruitment will proceed. My daughter is a freshman member of a sorority, and she told me over spring break that they are starting to get information about how AOII will be brought into the recruitment process.</p>

<p>I have a niece at the University of Arkansas, where AOII colonized just a few years ago. They built a beautiful new house, and according to my niece, things seem to be going fairly well for them. Of course, there are always problems being the “new kid” on the block, especially in a very established Greek system, but I feel certain that the TCU administration will do everything it can to make the process work. It’s only been a few years since Gamma Phi came to TCU, the Gamma Phi girls I’ve met on my daughter’s floor seem to be having a great time.</p>

<p>I would say everything that has been said so far are good things to be doing. But I do want to mention that you should remind your daughters not to stress over it too much! I am a current freshman at TCU, and I went through recruitment last fall. I went into it not knowing anything about it (my mom was not in a sorority, and none of my close relatives were either.) I actually just went in without any recommendation letters. I would advise getting letters if you can, but it is definitely not mandatory. Just tell your girls that there is no need to stress over this. The process can be very overwhelming, but it will most likely feel that way no matter how prepared you are, simply because you are not used to it. As long as they go in with an open mind, and stay positive, they will have a great experience and find the sorority that is right for you! Good luck to all of your daughters! :)</p>