Sorority Recommendations

<p>Sorry if this is in bad form, but I am desperate for my last few recommendations! I have exhausted all of my options. (I contacted all of the alumnae chapters within a 200 mile radius and have had no luck!) I still need recommendations for Delta Gamma, Tri-Delta, and Gamma Phi Beta. If anyone would be willing to consider writing me a rec or know someone who might consider it, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!</p>

<p>Where do you live?</p>

<p>Have you contacted the National offices for each? They should/will have a list of women who will write “Blind” recs.</p>

<p>We have 2 left, one is Delta Gamma. The first email reply was someone would get back to my daughter. Nothing happened. Canotheremail was sent out to the National Office and she got no reply. Any other ideas?</p>

<p>You need to actually call the National office. Ask for your regional advisor. So many of us are buried with last minute request that phone calls get top priority at this time. I had 7 requests yesterday!! Have you googled Delta Gamma alum association and your hometown or large metropolitan area? Do they have a Facebook page? sometimes you can get a phone number from an Evite or a publication. i know it sounds creepy but we are used to getting phone calls that start off…" Hello my name is… I am going through recruitment a Alabama and found you contact information on Facebook and need a rec to XYZ. I am happy to email you my resume and pics. I would love to buy you a coffee (if you live by this person) or am available to SKYPE or chat on the phone." In most cases the alum will be more than will to help out. I would really encourage you to call Nationals on Monday morning. You can also pick their brain as to what they would suggest. Good luck! Less than a month…as of yesterday I now have official word 1,747 registered.</p>

<p>That is over sixty-thousand recommendation letters!!!</p>

<p>I’m from Ohio!</p>

<p>Thank you so much for the advice. I’ll call the national offices first thing on Monday.</p>

<p>I can’t write rec for the houses you are missing but if you need help after calling Nationals Pm me and I will try to help.</p>

<p>Maybe ahpimom can answer a question…she knows all things greek!</p>

<p>On the UA Panhellinic web page when you click on each house it gives you a contact email stating somrthing like …if you need help securing a recommendation contact XXXX.</p>

<p>Can the girls contact now? What if a rec is sent late. The web page says 7/15 post mark?</p>

<p>I do know those answers omama :). There is “no contact” at this point, which means that active sorority members cannot talk, chat, email, facebook chat, skype, facebook friend any PNMs. In the spring active members could submit a list of PNM names that they would come in contact with over the summer due to things like jobs, summer school, church ect. These requests had to be submitted to Panhellenic. I would warn PNMs to make sure and abide by this Panhellenic rule. If an active is seen with a PNM not on her list it can result in a recruitment violation and a fine for her sorority. Please be very careful! Each year there are a handful of recruitment violations like this and already this summer there have been several. Don’t think that no one will see you…you never know who you will run into.
As far as contacting a UA chapter for a rec, a PNM can send an email to the email listed on the Chapter Profile page. I would not suggest doing this unless yo have exhausted every single possible solution including call the National office for the sorority you are need a rec for. I know that some National offices didn’t know that UA did this and they are not very happy (I have spoken with them personally). I would also warn that while some emails go to Chapter Advisors in charge of recommendations, some of the emails will go to an active member (this is ok because it has been approved by Panhellenic but the PNM cannot talk with the active about anything but getting an alum to write her a rec). These girls are busy with a host of activities (summer school, getting ready for recruitment, vacations) and while they will try to get back to you as quickly as possible at this late date I AGAIN would not suggest using this system.
The suggested date for recommendations to arrive at the sororities is July 15th. There is NO PENALTY for sending them late (no…they are not going to throw them away!) but I would encourage girls to get them there ASAP! My DD went to get the mail on Wednesday and they had over 300 rec packets!!! If you think about how many recs each recruitment team has to go through it’s mind boggling!!! So if you are still working on recs keep working but get them sent soon…the ultimate cut off date for anything to be received, in my opinion, is August 1. Most of the sororities will be moving in at that point and work week will start.<br>
Hope this answers your questions! I am happy to answer any others :).</p>